Why Should I Ship in a Flexitank?
Founded in 2012, we began our business by specializing in international flexitank transportation. Since our inception, we have expanded our shipping options and now offer a variety of methods including ISO tanks, vessel charters, drums, and totes, but flexitanks remain our core business.
Shipping with flexitanks can often be the best choice for several reasons:
- Flexitanks allow shippers to maximize capacity per container and reduce logistics spend compared to other methods of shipping. A 20 foot container with a flexitank can hold up to 24,000 liters of liquid. That is 44% more than drums and 15% more than IBC totes.
- The Kosher Grade Certification allows for wine, food oils, and specialty chemicals to be shipped while avoiding contamination.
- Flexitanks provide unique solutions for scenarios like transporting liquid in extreme temperatures.
- The use of 20’ ST container prevents the need for equipment repositioning and reduces overall shipping cost.
- Flexitanks are made of recyclable materials, providing an environmentally friendly shipping option while reducing emissions compared to other methods.They can simply be disposed of or recycled after unloading at the final destination.
- Flexitanks can be loaded using a variety of methods including direct loading, railcar transloading, and tank truck transloading. While each option works well, railcar transloading offers the most efficient option while reducing soft costs for loading and unloading facilities
Now that we’ve covered some of the benefits, you may be asking if your product is a fit for flexitanks. Most non hazardous bulk liquids can be shipped in flexitanks. Below are a few examples of products that ship via flexitanks.
- Wine – Wine is one of the most common products shipped in flexitanks globally as it offers protection against temperature fluctuations compared to bottles while maximizing payload.
- Food Oils – These single use tanks offer a great option for shipping food-grade liquids. Bulk shipments of vegetable oil, olive oil, canola oil, and juices are a great fit for flexitanks.
- Fertilizers – Flexitanks allow for shippers to maximize payload per container while shipping high density products like fertilizers.
- Base Oils – Flexitanks are a great option for shipping base oils and lubricants.The low specific gravity of these products allows the transport of maximum net quantity.
- Specialty Chemicals – Surfactants, Latex, and Aluminum Chlorohydrate are all products commonly shipped in flexitanks.
If you’re thinking about flexitank shipping, please don’t hesitate to reach out as our team would be happy to discuss your needs. We have a history of putting together creative solutions to move cargo in cost effective and efficient ways whether it is by flexitank or another containerized method.